07 Feb Got a Spare $5-million Worth of Furniture Lying Around?
The above video is made with Heidi-Fenton Smith from Look Home Staging. Here at the Henry Wong Team®, we’re a big fan of home staging. If you want to sell your home for top dollar it needs to look like a million bucks, and staging it can help do that.
We’re just as big fans of Heidi and her work in the staging arena. She’s an absolute genius who is well regarded across the entire industry, so we only use her when it comes to styling houses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
In the video Henry and Heidi go over the importance of home staging. Watch it for yourself and read the transcript below if you feel you missed anything. Today, we want to add a few more reasons why you should stage your home when it goes to market.
Reasons to Stage Your Home
– Your home can enjoy up-to-date and expensive furnishings without having the high purchase costs of new, stylish furniture.
– Your property will get a visual edge it simply wouldn’t have if it was empty. Furnisher makes it homely, it gives it life.
– Staging helps people visualize where they would put their own furniture in a home.
– Professional stagers will match the right kind of furniture to your property. Furniture that highlights the better features of the home, bringing to the fore the selling points that buyers would love.
– Staging generally has a positive impact on the price of a property. It also helps homes to sell faster.
Transcript of Staging Video
Hi, I’m Henry Wong. I’m here with Heidi Fenton-Smith from Look Home Staging. Heidi, what do we have here?
Hi Henry. Today, we are at Domayne Hire Furniture Warehouse. Domayne is our furniture supplier. I am the stylist for Look Home Staging. We have been working together to style houses all over Brisbane and the Gold Coast for many years.
According to openagent.com.au, in 2021, staging at home can add an additional five to 10% to the actual sale price. Now, what that means is that if you have a million dollar house, you can add an additional $50,000 to $100,000 on top of the sale price.
That’s why getting a professional in is so important.
Would you estimate how much worth of furniture they have over here?
They’ve actually got almost $5 million worth of furniture to choose from here.
So that means that the furniture’s constantly updated every couple months, every year. So when you sell a house now compared to three years later, that same house, the furniture’s different, is that right?
Yeah. That’s right. With so much to choose from, we really can style any style of house and make it look its absolute best for sale.
Yeah. I heard that when you sell a property, sometimes when buyers actually walk through the house and they see the furniture, they say, “Look, I want the lounge and dining. I’ll keep my own bed.” The owners can actually leave that there. So when the buy actually come in, it’s already set in place. Don’t need to cut out the boxes, unpack, throw away the rubbish. It’s already there.
All of that pain is taken out of the process for them.
Well, that’s an absolute no brainer.
Yeah, it’s great, isn’t it?