22 Sep Interstate Buyers Make a Sound Investment
At The Henry Wong Team® we know what an appealing city Brisbane is. Appealing to real estate investors, appealing to families who want to move to the Sunshine State, appealing to professionals looking to advance their careers and take advantage of our growing economy.
So when we market a home, we don’t stick to the local area. We market it all across Australia and internationally, putting it in front of as many eyes as possible. Some eyes that have already been researching Brisbane and Queensland, others that may have never heard much about the area at all. We sell the city to them, we sell the suburb to them, then we sell the home to them.
80 Uplands Terrace in Wynnum is a prime result of our expansive marketing working when it sold recently to a Victorian buyer as an investment purchase. Let’s take a look at the property and how we managed to achieve this result.
The Home Itself
A six-year-old contemporary property with modern aesthetics and lashings of chic and style, the main attraction of 80 Uplands is that it offers two separate homes on one title of land. The main home is a dual level, four-bedroom property that is an exquisite family residence. The second home is single level, fully contained, two-bedroom property, built in the same style as the main home.
With the opportunity for two rental incomes from the one property, we knew this listing would prick up the ears of investors. We just needed to market this fine piece of Brisbane real estate correctly.
Marketing Real Estate Right
Often it’s difficult for interstate and overseas buyers to physically inspect a property. We do the next best thing and offer video walk throughs and virtual inspections, allowing them to get a feel for the place without having to travel. In this particular home, we have to take our hats off to the sellers for assisting us in every regard. Not only have they kept their home in immaculate condition over the last six years, they also took all our advice in regards to staging and presentation, meaning the property was visually appealing for virtual and physical inspections.
Other real estate marketing techniques we leant on to get the sale made were:
– Using professional photography, videography, floor plan creation and copywriting. This helps a listing to stand out from the crowd, highlighting all its good features and really driving home to buyers its appeal.
– Database marketing: Over the years we’ve built up a large database of contacts, not only in Queensland but interstate and overseas too. We communicate with them regularly and have built a relationship based on trust and respect. When we list a home, we always let our database know first. This helps get some initial traction going and has resulted in the sale of many homes before they hit the market.
– Social Media Marketing: Our immense social media presence includes over 12,000 Facebook followers and 4,000 Instagram followers. When we market a property through these channels, they exponentially reach thousands more potential buyers around the world than if we just relied on the main real estate portals like realestate.com.au.
– Bilingual marketing: All our marketing is in English and Chinese, helping expand our reach and network into Asian markets.
The Result at 80 Uplands Terrace
80 Uplands went to auction, where it was successfully sold to interstate investors from Victoria. During just a short marketing campaign of 14 days, we achieved:
– Six open homes.
– Three written offers prior to auction.
– 25 Facebook buyer enquiries.
– There were eight registered bidders, four from interstate. Of these bidders, five did not make a physical inspection of the home. They relied on our virtual inspections or video walkthroughs to get a fell and insight into the home.
Most importantly for us, there are happy buyers and happy sellers in this transaction. Both parties can now move onto the next chapter in their lives. We’d like to thank them for putting their trust in The Henry Wong Team® and wish them all the best in the future. Thanks also to our entire team, as well as the team at Harcourts Beyond and Harcourts Queensland, and of course to auctioneer Christian Hamilton too.