256 Wishart Road, Wishart QLD 4122Sold $670,000
So Much Opportunity in this Wishart Gem
House Sold - Wishart QLD
Sold prior to auction!
If you’ve got big plans for your future and are looking for a property to support them, this stunning Wishart home in the sought after Mansfield State High School catchment could just fit the bill.
This renovated Queensland-style family home on a big block of land is ready to move in now, though is still full of possibilities and room to grow.
Let’s look at the property itself.
The statement front fence offers privacy and security, whilst being practical with a pedestrian gate for foot traffic and double gates for vehicles to access the driveway. There’s plenty of paved parking down the side of the house, and there’s even a covered spot underneath to park a car on the lower level.
The lower level also has a laundry with extensive built-in cabinetry and a washer and dryer, as well as extra undercover storage space.
Inside the upper level of the home there’s a fresh and modern feel.
Upon entering, you are greeted with an expansive living space flooded with natural light, bringing attention to the newly painted interior and hardwood timber floors throughout. The high elevation ensures plenty of cool breezes, which you can enjoy year round thanks to full fly screening.
The large contemporary kitchen features modern appliances including a Bosch dishwasher, electric oven, ceramic cooktop and oversized side-by-side fridge freezer. Ample bench and cupboard space, as well as a large double sink with pull out mixer, will be sure to please the chefs in the family.
The open-plan design of the living and dining creates a natural, comfortable space, well complemented by the beautifully-lit sunroom which opens itself up to a multitude of uses.
The three bedrooms are generously proportioned, each coming with floor to ceiling mirrored built-in-robes, ceiling fans and split-system air-conditioning units. They’re serviced by a modern main bathroom with floor-to-ceiling tiles, good storage, semi-frameless shower and separate toilet.
The flat, expansive backyard is covered in lush lawn and will be loved by children and pets as is.
It is also truly a blank canvas for your gardening or expansion efforts. There is so much you could do here, obviously most of it being subject to council approval. Here’s some ideas that spring to mind:
– Build a granny flat out the back of the home and enjoy the mortgage busting benefits of a bit extra income (or let Grandma move in and save on babysitting costs!)
– Literally double the size of the house by raising it up and building another level of living space on the ground floor;
– Extend the existing house out into the spacious yard;
– Build an extremely impressive outdoor entertaining area;
– Turn the property into a home-based business, using the ample room in the backyard for parking and taking advantage of the pristine location within walking distance of bus stops, Wishart Square and Civic Fair;
– Move into the home as is, enjoy it, and take your time planning for the future.
Families will love the fact that you’re in the Mansfield State High and the Wishart State School catchment areas here. You’re also just a short walk to St Catherine’s Primary School and Brisbane Adventist College, while Wishart Shopping Village, The Village Upper Mount Gravatt, Palmdale Shopping Centre and Westfield Garden City Shopping Centre are a short drive away. Berkshire Crescent Park is just around the corner, and you have easy access to the Pacific and Gateway Motorways.
A home presented this well with so much more potential is going to appeal to investors, families and anyone with an eye for great real estate. Get in touch with the Henry Wong Team® for more information before it’s too late.
- Wishart State School & Mansfield State High School Catchment Area
- 8-minute walk to Wishart State School
- 3-minute drive to Mansfield State High School
- Short walk to St Catherine’s Primary School & Brisbane Adventist College
Transport & Shopping Centres:
- 1-minute walk to bus stop on Wishart Rd (Bus 181) taking you to Brisbane City
- 3-minute walk to Wishart Square & Civic Fair Shopping Centre
- Short drive to Wishart Shopping Village, Palmdale Shopping Centre & Westfield Garden City Shopping Centre
- Less than 20-minute drive to Brisbane City
- Easy access to Pacific & Gateway Motorways
- Short walk to Berkshire Crescent Park, where you’ll find a basketball half court, off-leash dog area, a picnic area and a playground
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.
- Street View